Shit Journalists Say

We know we’re a little late to the whole “Shit _____ Say” sensation but here’s our submission. Hopefully journalists find the humor in it (and get the Bill O’Reilly reference). We hope “Shit Journalists Say” inspire videos like “Shit TV News Journalists Say,” “Shit Radio Journalists Say,” and “Shit News Aggregators Say” (which would just be a compilation of other people’s videos).

Watch out for our special celebrity appearance. Eat that Juliette Lewis!

Topics:

things journalists say, shit journalists say, funny things journalists do, journalism humor, Sh reporters, stupid things reporters have said, why journalists are full of shit

Comments

1. MJ says:

I’ve so been there with the “I’m meeting the mayor in 15 minutes!” while still in pajamas.

2. Julia Dendinger says:

“Do you have a pen?” Usually, no, no I don’t! That’s why I’m asking you.
    (And so feeling the pain of losing “lunch” to the vending machine trolls!)

3. CW says:

I’m so guilty of the “What’s wrong with this PC, I have a Mac” line. In reality, I’ve never owned a Mac…I just use the cop out to not seem like an idiot in the newsroom. And It seems like I either have an extreme overabundance of pens, or jack crap with me. Not to mention the “calls,” and the “second calls” and the “just keep dialing the number and hanging up until you piss them off enough to make them answer the phone just to yell at you, but ask your questions anyway” calls.

4. Allison says:

Do you mean ‘compilation’ instead of ‘complication’?
    “…and “Shit News Aggregators Say” (which would just be a COMPILATION of other people’s videos).
    Great video.
    Thanks for posting!

5. Emilie says:

I dig it.
    It definitely could use more phrases like “Yes, this is on the record” and “I swear, if I get one more press release about this…” and “My deadline was 10 minutes ago, sir. But thanks for calling back.”

6. Christiana says:

Need to add “I’m so broke” or its variation, “I can’t; I don’t get paid ’til Friday.” And if you’re working for a small town newspaper, “Oh my god, nothing is happening, someone please burn down city hall.”

7. Scott says:

No need in confusing TV folk as journalists.

8. Megan says:

“i don’t have to use your name if you just tell me what happened here.”

9. Neil Versel says:

“Do you have any idea what I actually cover”?

10. Frank the Tank says:

This journalist has a sense of humor. Which could be why I found nothing about this video funny. Seriously.

11. Mark B. Evans says:

“I’m sorry to call you for a fifth time tonight but the copy desk wants me to clarify something you said in my story….I know it’s 10 p.m. but they just called me…”

“How do you post this online again?”

“Do they have wifi there?”

“Why do I have to do this story? What do we have interns for, anyway?”

“Another meeting?”

12. LC says:

The life of a journalist. I have a mug that says “Not tonight dear I’m on deadline” and I paused many of times looking for a pen.

13. CC says:

Also, doing taping for broadcast news stories, when journos ask the interviewee to kindly walk down the hallway and put the papers in the fax machine *again*, but slower this time. But oh, act natural! Don’t look at the camera.

14. TCB says:

Kind of lame. How about:
    “Of course we’re off the record.”
    “I didn’t write the headline.”
    “The copy desk must have changed it.”
    “Do people really read newspapers at the breakfast table?”
    “It’s going to be on the front page.”
    “I have this from other sources; I just need confirmation.”
    “I’m not allowed to accept gifts.”
    “Five more minutes.”
    “Who is that guy who’s talking?”
    “Sources indicate…”
    “We had that story first.”
    “Anybody else having computer problems?

15. do u have idea….

Trackbacks

1. [...] We knew it was only a matter of time until this meme hit journalists. [h/t Stuff Journalists Like] [...]

2. [...] stuff journalists like (not Fairfax stuff) Like ThePaepae.com on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Share [...]

3. [...] finally have our own “Sh*t Mizzou J-Schoolers Say” video. Sure, we have seen “Sh*t Journalists Say” and “Sh*t Student Journalists Say,” and we can sort of relate to them and find [...]

4. [...] browsing Stuff Journalists Like, I came across their Sh*t Journalists Say video (pardon my [...]